Friday, May 29, 2009

Francis diaries

It was 9:00 pm, not less not more. After a long exhausting day at work, Francis was spending her time with Maulie (her dog) who was sitting next to her, and both watching television. Actually neither she was watching neither he. They were just pretending to.


- I don’t know what is in his mind but maybe he could have the same problems as me, who knows?, - said she under her nose.

Francis has been working as a secretary since 10 years.

“Oh I must celebrate it this year, I have almost forgot that it’s tomorrow. You know why this profession is so depressing – it’s like you are actually working like a modern phone – a machine invented by the modern world – a machine that you put on a chair, a machine that makes two movements during the day – reaching out his hand to the receiver, moving your lips by answering to all the same questions, oh I have almost forgot then you must reach out your hand again to shut down the phone. I forget so many things these days but now when I forgot to celebrate my 10th year at this work, the work that I like so much, I’m really starting to be scared. I think my dog is scared too.”

Last year Francis was having real problems with her boss

- The new office decoration, he said, - requires your phone to be brown.

- Brown? Do you know someone who loves the brown color? Oh sorry then don’t say to anyone. Okay lets be brown, why I should care I almost don’t use it. And now I have to pretend I like my brown phone.

The paradox is that since her life became so boring, she started to forget things. Maybe just every memory makes his settings for the appropriate situation.

Maybe you already think Francis is not normal because all she cares about is what was happening with her phone but don’t worry you will get to know her better in time. Actually she was trying to hide even from herself, but tomorrow is her birthday. In the past she was searching for a job so hard, that when they said to her:

- We all agree miss Francis Studgard, there is no better person for this job than you. And we all agree we urgently need a secretary. Can you start tomorrow?

- But can’t it be the day after-tomorrow. It’s just that tomorrow is my birthday. Actually I’m having a party tomorrow.

- No, absolutely no way. You are starting tomorrow or we will find somebody else for the job. Yes or no?

- I guess yes.


Please leave your comments to see if i should continue to write the book:)

No comments: